In 1938 the structure of the Ministry consisted of Minister and other top officers, advisory and auxiliary bodies and its large subdivisions departments. The most important departments were departments of Agricultural Reform, Land Management, Agriculture, Veterinary, and Forestry.
The charge of the Director General (the top non-political officer in the Ministry) was held in 1929-1937 by F. Grigaliunas and in 1937-1940 by J.Skaisgiris.
Every year the Government allotted 13-16% of the annual budget to the Ministry. From this budget the Ministry covered its expenses, including those of the Chamber of Agriculture.